GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice applies to all personal data processing activities carried out by Optimise Solutions Ltd (referred to in this document as “OSL”, “we”, “our” or “us”), a company incorporated in Scotland under the Companies Acts with registered number SC119824 and having its registered office at 5 Straiton View, Straiton Business Parc, Edinburgh EH20 9QZ. Optimise is a data controller in respect of personal data that we process in connection with our business.
At Optimise we respect your right to privacy and the protection of your personal data. “Personal Data” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information either by itself or in combination with other information.
Information that we process
We collect and process personal data throughout the duration of our relationship with you in order to provide products and services and on-going organisational updates. We will not collect any personal data over and above that required to carry out these activities.
How we obtain information
Your personal data includes information:-
- provided by you;
- that we learn about you through our relationship with you;
- that we gather from publicly available sources.
With regard to personal data that we hold, you have a right to:-
- request a copy of the data we hold about you;
- request that data is rectified or that we restrict processing of that data if you believe that we hold inaccurate or missing data about you;
- request that we delete your personal data if you believe that (a) we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided, or (b) we have asked for your permission to process your personal information and you have not given consent, or (c) we are not using your data in a lawful manner;
- request that we restrict processing your personal data if you believe that (a) we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided, (b) any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, or (c) we are not using your data in a lawful manner;
- request the personal data you provided to us in a portable format;
- request that the personal data you provided to us is sent directly to a third party, if technically feasible (in this case, OSL is not responsible for any such third party’s use of your data);
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- object at any time to direct marketing including profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing;
- withdraw your consent where we rely on your permission to process your personal data;
- lodge a complaint about how we have handled your personal data. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk.
Changes to the way we use your data
From time to time we may change the way we use your data. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change, we will notify you and allow you at least 30 days for you to raise any objections before the change is made. However, please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to such changes then it may not be possible for us to continue to provide certain products and services to you.
Sharing your data with third parties
We will not share your data with anyone outside OSL except:-
- where you have given permission;
- where required to provide you with our products or services;
- where we are required by law;
OSL will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
Transferring your data outside the UK
We may transfer your data to organisations inside the European Economic Area on the basis that anyone to whom we pass it protects it in the same way we would and in accordance with applicable laws. We will only transfer your data outside this area if we have entered into a contract with the organisation with which we are sharing your data to ensure your data is adequately protected.
How long we keep your information
We do not keep your personal data for longer than we need to, which is usually up to 3 years after your relationship with Optimise ends unless we are required by law to keep it for longer.
Unless you have opted out, we may send you relevant marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you by mail, phone, email, text or other forms of electronic communication. You can opt out by calling our normal office number or emailing [email protected].